Sports and Recreation
- Skating with sleds: Mainers hit the ice for a different kind of hockey
- At 9 a.m. Thursday mornings a group of five men meet up at Sawyer Arena to practice hockey. But the group doesn’t don traditional skates. Instead they strap into specialized hockey sleds.
- Magazine gives Healthy Models Digital Amputations in Paralympic Feature
- Photoshop fails are often laughable, but a recent edit is making people cringe instead: Instead of using athletes who were competing in the Paralympics, Vogue Brazil photoshopped amputations onto healthy models to use in connection with a feature on the event.
- Special Surfers
- Three times a summer Gooch's Beach in Kennebunkport is flooded with special needs kids and young adults ready to become a special surfer.
Stories by Date
There are currently no stories.