Do you have a disability and need a vehicle to get to and from work?
Information on Flexible Term Loans
The Transportation Assistance Program provides a 3.75% interest rate for all qualified borrowers. The program offers flexible term loans to purchase a vehicle for Maine residents with a disability who need a vehicle as part of a qualifying individualized plan toward employment.
Our objective is to enable individuals with a disability to remain as independent as possible. Alpha One will work with potential borrowers to provide financial education about credit and improving credit scores in the application process.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in an individualized plan toward employment developed with a state or community-based organization that provides employment services to persons with disabilities (such as, for example, the Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Demonstrate an ability to meet the credit history and debt to income criteria (including a credit score of 0 or 610 or higher)
- Provide funds to pay $600 up front towards the total vehicle cost at closing
- Show an ability to repay the loan
- Purchase a vehicle no more than 10 years old
How to Apply
To apply, an interested borrower must fill out an application
Please contact Alpha One at 800-640-7200 (v/tty) or via e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Alpha One maintains the ability to approve or deny loans based on the underwriting guidelines approved by the Kim Wallace Adaptive Equipment Loan Program Board.